Partners Mobile Observation Unit (PMOU)
Mobile Urgent Care for Our Patients at Home
Partners Mobile Observation Unit (PMOU) provides home-based urgent care for patients experiencing at-risk medical events believed to be treatable with enhanced home care. PMOU is a high-quality alternative to emergency services and hospitalization. It is available for Partners patients who would benefit from additional medical treatment and support in the safety and comfort of their home.
During a PMOU visit, a Partners HealthCare at Home (PHH) nurse practitioner is deployed to the patient’s home to conduct a clinical evaluation with diagnostic assessment and initiate a treatment plan. The home is evaluated for safety and barriers to the patient’s ability to recover at home. PMOU provides a high level of care coordination with the patient’s primary care providers, other clinicians, and family members.
Benefits of PMOU
- Improved patient experience
- Reduced hospitalizations and use of emergency services
- Intervention within 24 hours by a nurse practitioner in the home for up to 14 days
- Mobile diagnostic services and IV treatment options
- Referrals accepted from a Partners physician, case manager, or nurse
- Patient does not need to meet home care admission criteria
- Visits by nurse practitioners are covered by Medicare
- Copays may apply
Referrals are accepted Monday - Friday from 7am - 5pm.
Please call 855-841-721 or email PMOU@partners.org.